tB's GIANDUJA GELATO! (Hazelnut Coffee Chocolate Chip!)
WHO’S READY FOR SUMMER?
Personally, i’m more of a rainy day, cozy fireplace, coffee, sweater & beanie person.. HOWEVER, if we’re talking A HOMEMADE GIANDUJA GELATO RECIPE, let’s kick summer off as soon as humanly possible, PLEASE!
This creamy, delicious, Hazelnut Coffee Chocolate Chip Gelato is criminally divine, especially on a blazing summer day when you're screaming for sweet refreshment! But, let’s be real—gelato hits the spot rain or shine, 24/7, 365 days a year—and HEY, c’mon, we all need a good “treat yoself” moment in a time like this! ❤️ WE DESERVE IT.
This treat is oh, SO yummy, packed with a not-too-rich chocolate flavor along with a subtle taste of coffee, featuring small bites containing toasted hazelnuts, and mini chocolate chips. What’s more, is that it only requires a few simple ingredients! I'M SO STOKED TO SHARE THE RECIPE WITH YOU!
And, as always, this tB goodie is ALSO available for delivery and pickup!
tinyB's GIANDUJA GELATO! (Hazelnut Coffee Chocolate Chip!)
Yields: About 1.5pt
YOU WILL NEED:
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Cups Heavy Cream (or 2 more cups of almond milk + 1 cup butter--i did this and it worked very nicely).
5 Large Egg Yolks
2/4 cup Brown sugar
¼ cup White Sugar
1.5 tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Coffee Extract
2oz Milk Chocolate
2oz Dark Chocolate
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Toasted Hazelnuts
1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350—line a baking sheet with parchment and toast hazelnuts for 10 minutes. Let cool, and finely chop. Set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, heat up 1 cup of almond milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, sugars, and salt.
3. Once heated, add hazelnuts. Stir, cover, and let steep for one hour.
4. Place your milk chocolate and dark chocolate into a medium bowl.
5. In a saucepan, heat 1 cup heavy cream until boiling. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth. Put a mesh strainer over the top, and pour the hazelnut mixture through it, into the chocolate. Make sure you smoosh them down a bit to ensure all of the flavor gets in there! Store hazelnuts in the refrigerator for use later.
6. Rewarm chocolate hazelnut mixture over the stove. Meanwhile, in a separate medium sized bowl, whisk egg yolks.
7. Once mixture is hot, pour slowly into your egg yolks, whisking constantly so your eggs don't cook and curdle. Pour back into the saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Stir with a heatproof spatula until thickened, ensuring sure you scrape the bottom as you stir to avoid burning! You'll know when to stop when the mixture looks like a custard and coats the back of the spatula.
8. Once thick, pour mixture into the chocolate hazelnut mixture.
9. Mix in extracts.
10. Place the bowl of your final mixture in an ice bath, and stir until cooled. Refrigerate until cold for 1 hour-overnight.
11, Once ready, pour mixture into your ice cream maker, and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions for gelato! (Mine took about 35 minutes!) Make sure your ice cream maker's bucket is frozen and NOT AT ALL room temp. You must freeze it until you don't hear the water sloshing around in it (about 8-12hrs). Otherwise, your ice cream won't freeze!
12. Once churned, add hazelnuts and chocolate chips! Store in an airtight deli cup, or an ice cream container.
Most importantly, ENJOY! You deserve it ❤
If you make this recipe, post a picture and tag me on instagram (@_tinybaker) and use the hashtag #tinybaker!
#icecream #homemade #recipe #recipeshare #easy #easyrecipes #chocolate #coffee #tastingtable #foodfluffer #thefeedfeedbaking #thefeedfeed #foodnetwork #bakery #curbsidepickup #delivery #eeeeeats #sweettooth #dessert #summer #homemadeicecream #tinybaker #gelato #selflove #edrecovery #intuitiveeating #recovery #selfcare